At I&K Motors Ltd we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account, and to provide products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell your data on to third parties. Under the General Data Protection Regulations, which is law from May 2018, we are required to inform you as to the lawful basis under which we process your personal data.
References to you implies the person whose personal information we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who visits our websites, contacts us in relation with the purchase of a vehicles and/or goods or services we provide, or otherwise interacts with us (e.g. contact enquiry form).
References to our website implies any website owned and operated by or on behalf of I&K Motors Ltd. We may also track your interactions with I&K Motors Ltd via e-mail and text activity and record phone calls for quality and training purposes.
Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to the 24th May 2018 and going forward, the EU General Data Protection Regulations (collectively referenced as the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable law and regulation.
Who are I&K Motors Ltd?
Established in 1983, we are a family driven business with a Car Sales Centre based in Highclere Business Park, Inverurie where we supply all makes and models of New and Used Cars & Light Commercial vehicles. Our Service Centre on Burghmuir Way, Inverurie will help you maintain your vehicle by providing service, MOT, and repairs.
Information we may collect
Information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email and phone numbers), vehicle details, purchase history and data collected as part of any finance application or payment. This information is referred to as personal information.
Several different methods by which we may collect your personal information include:
- Information collected through forms completed in our dealerships or on our Website.
- A copy of your driving licence when you test drive one of our vehicles or use one of our courtesy vehicles.
- When you enquire or purchase goods/services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and process your purchase.
- Information of transactions you have processed with us including services and purchases of vehicles and other goods.
- CCTV footage of yourself on our premises.
- Information contained in and records of communication between us including emails, text messages, letters, and recorded phone calls.
- Records of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address and the resources that you access.
- Your marketing preferences
- We also gather information to enable third parties to carry out credit reference checks on you (if you are purchasing a vehicle on finance) and we will have and process information about the result of those checks to complete your purchase.
- We will collect information relevant to insurance and other products that we sell which are provided by third parties, such as warranty and service plans.
Processing personal information
We use your personal information in relation to our business activities. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your query regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us including the purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to any query from you regarding those contracts.
- To manage and administer the relationship between you and us.
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us.
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
- To provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Our lawful basis for processing personal data
At I&K Motors Ltd we may lawfully process your personal data under one of three options:
- Art. 6 (1) (a) Consent: In circumstances where you have provided us with a freely given, informed and specific choice to allow I&K Motors Ltd to process your data, consent will be the lawful basis under which we process your data.
- Art. 6 (1) (b) Contract: If you have entered or are in the process of entering into a contract with I&K Motors Ltd, your personal data may be processed if it is necessary for performance of the contract or is to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Art. 6 (1) (f) Legitimate interest: If you have completed or negotiated a sale with I&K Motors Ltd, you may have your personal data processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by I&K Motors Ltd or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data. To balance your fundamental rights and freedoms with I&K Motors Ltd.’s commercial interests, you will be informed that you may receive marketing communications for similar products and services at the point of enquiry or purchase and will be given the ability to opt-out of further processing at any subsequent point in the relationship by visiting www.iandkmotors.co.uk/opt-out. You may also call one of I&K Motors Ltd.’s dealerships or contact our Data Protection Officer who will complete the on line opt-out for you.
Sharing Personal Data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- To third parties that provide services to us such as marketing activities.
- To external organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and criminal activities.
- To third party finance companies for the purposes of them providing you with finance. These organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- To third party providers of insurance products if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may pass your personal information to the relevant franchise manufacturer partner relating to your vehicle. They may contact you directly regarding your vehicles and to obtain feedback and/or to provide offers.
- We may contact you as advised by our suppliers (a full listing can be found via the link at the foot of this notice) to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle and any policies are maintained, and the replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
We will register your vehicle keeper details and will cross check your data with DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have several rights available to you in respect of your personal information. These are the rights to:
- Request copies of your data.
- Rectification of your data.
- Erasure of your data.
- Object to us or restrict the processing of your data.
- Where our systems allow, give electronic access to copies of your data in a digital format.
Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or have requested to no longer be communicated to on a legitimate interest basis. If you object or ask to restrict the processing of your data, you agree that despite this we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have, for example a finance agreement.
To learn more or to exercise any of these rights you can contact our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are provided at the bottom of this page.
We retain hard copies of your personal information for seven years from the point of purchasing a vehicle from us. We take steps to ensure any business we work with has security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Documentation can be supplied on request from our Data Protection Officer, details of whom can be found below.
I&K Motors Ltd reserves the right to update or amend this data privacy notice in line with customer feedback or updates in legislation and it will be published at www.iandkmotors.co.uk.
A full listing of our manufacturers and nominated suppliers, who we may share information with, together with the various sources (e.g. service plan and vehicle health check data) can be found at the foot of this notice.
Data Protection Officer:
Name: Data Protection Officer Address: I&K Motors Ltd, Burghmuir Way, Inverurie, AB51 4FT
If we are unable to resolve any issues you raise within 30 days, you have you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office @ https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site. For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How to control and delete cookies
List of the main cookies
Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by us while using our website allow us to recognise your requests from page to page. This allows us to remember your previous selections and choices, navigate back to previous pages etc. These cookies are removed when you close your browser.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
AutoChat may be set if we use live chat on our web site. This is a web site analytic cookie.
Cookies Set By Google Analytics:
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv
Expression Engine Cookies
Third Party Cookies
We use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. We sometimes embed photos, video, social sharing icons and other content from external websites such as YouTube, Flickr and social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from one of these sites you may be presented with cookies from their website. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these. Here is a list of some cookies that may be set by our third parties while using our web site: